Rules for the Conduct
The following are the Rules & Regulations for the conduct of Open Baroda Major Ranking Tournaments & District Championships during the year 2016-17.
1. The tournaments will be allotted to the different Clubs and affiliated units of TTAB.
2. The venue, dates and option to conduct these tournaments shall be announced by the TTAB, through circulars and press announcement
3. The Major Ranking Tournaments are “Prestigious” events of the District. All the Players, Clubs and affiliated units of TTAB are required to treat them as such.
4. Affiliated Units who are given the option to conduct these tournaments are required to pay Rs.1000/- as affiliation fees as well as tournament fee of Rs.1000/- to the District Association as soon as the option is given to them in the A.G.M. / Managing Committee Meetin This amount shall not be refunded if the tournament is not conducted without valid reasons.
5. The Major Ranking Tournaments and District Championship shall compulsorily include the following events:
i) Men’s Singles Vi) Women’s Singles
ii) Youth Jr. Boys Singles Vii) Youth Jr. Girls Singles
iii) Jr. Boys Singles Viii) Junior Girls Singles
iV) Sub Jr. Boys Singles iX) Sub Jr. Girls Singles
V) Cadet Boys Singles X) Cadet Girls Singles
(i) The Youth, Jr. Boys and Girls events shall be open only to those players, who are born on or after 1st January, 1996.
(ii) The Jr. Boys and Girls events shall be open only to those players, who are born on or after 1st January, 1999.
(iii) The Sub Jr. Boys and Sub Jr. Girls events shall be open only to those players, who are born on or after 1st January, 2002.
(iv) Cadet Boys and Cadet Girls events shall be open only to those players, who are born on or after 1st January, 2005.
(v) The minimum entries to conduct any event shall be 8.
(vi) Any additional event may be included at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
7. Only current year / season registered player/s can participat Registration fee is compulsory / mandatory one time fees for each season & player/s.
8. It is compulsory for each team mates / players of Vadodara District to participate at least two Major Ranking tournaments & one District Championships to become eligible for district team player and for representing in the State & Inter District tournament.
9. The players who achieved / gain highest points / merit as per following mentioned point system in their respective categories during the current season or tournaments organized during the year 2016-17 will be included in the Vadodara District teams of Men’s, Women’s, Junior Boys & Junior Girls as per criteria mentioned in the above point N8.
10. Point System / Criteria in each tournament / championship:
|Sr. No.||Position||Major Ranking||Baroda District Championships|
Please Note: No position match will be played.
11. The method of play shall be as stipulated in the Ranking and Seeding Rules.
12. The Seeding shall be made according to the rules laid down by the GSTTA. The Referee or the Tournament Committee shall follow the ranking / seeding which will be issued by the TTAB before each tournament. If, in case, any of the “Seed” is not participating, the next “Seed” in line will be elevated.
13. Merit Certificates and Cash Prizes to the winners as per TTAB criteria will be presented by Clubs and affiliated units of TTAB, as per the TTAB guideline.
14. All participants must send their entries in writing on the prescribed “Entry Nomination Form” along with the entry fee & registration fees (if applicable) for the tournament. Bonafide certificate must be submitted at beginning of the season. All players / officials / members have to abide by the “Rules & Regulations” specified in the “Entry Nomination Form”.
15. Prospectus and entry form for Major Ranking tournaments & Baroda District Championships shall be sent by TTAB to all the Player, Clubs and affiliated units of TTAB at least one week prior to the commencement of the tournament / championship.
16. The prospectus should interalia mention:
a) The tournament is conducted “Under the direction of the TTAB affiliated to GSTTA and under the rules and regulations laid down by the TTFI.”
b) Dates and Venue of the Tournament.
c) Last date of entries.
d) Events to be played.
e) Entry & Registration fees.
17. The tournament committee will prepare the Draw and conduct the Tournament.
18. Entry fee & Registration fee (if applicable) are payable along with the Entry For Entry fee & Registration fee are NOT REFUNDABLE.
19. Umpiring of all matches will be done preferably in ENGLISH language.
20. TTFI approved tables and balls will be used in each tournament / championship.